Wednesday, September 1, 2010


































































My journey began 21 years ago..........I started working around art my junior year in high school. It was a family owned art gallery where we sold fine art and offered picture framing. I really enjoyed it and loved being around various art mediums. It was a job that was consistently changing so it kept me interested as well as excited. Art always had a special place in my heart so it was a great fit.




















































I remember as a child bringing home a pen and ink drawing and of course couldn't wait to show my mom. She was so excited to see it and a bit surprised that I made it without any help. It was at that moment that my mom felt I had a artistic talent. So I guess that was the day that changed my "little" life. Not to mention my mom was the one who encouraged me to take the job at the art gallery.




















































So back to 21 years ago..........I stayed at the art gallery for almost 12 years. During that time I often felt like I too would like to be shop owner. I knew I didn't want to work for someone the rest of life. Not in a negative way but more in a "I could do this" and "be happy" way. So it was then in my early twenties I decided to set a goal for myself. That goal would be that one day I would have my own business. I wasn't sure how I would get there but I knew it was my dream.


























After high school I did some traveling and at the age of 22 decided to take college a bit more serious. So I decided to go for interior design. It seemed like a great career that could possibly lead me in many "artsy" avenues. While going to college and working at the art gallery I graduated with my degree at the age of 26 and married my best friend.







































I started my design business from our home and worked on building it up along with my art career. Of course starting a family was put into the mix too and I decided that my next goal would be to have my own shop by the time I turned 35 years old.


























So after many design referral's, church bizarres, home shows and ton's of custom orders....oh and 3 kids later.....phew! It was two days before my 35th birthday that I looked at a small store front in the heart of Mishawaka's West Side...........and with that being said, I signed the lease.







































This is where my journey continues.............












{Hello} Thanks for stopping by!I'm Stefanie Buysse, owner of Art & Elements. Opening up my studio was a dream come true April 2007. I opened the doors in August that same year. I am very blessed to be doing what I LOVE to do - making ART!!! ... The studio operates as a "working artist/store front". I offer my artwork among other artist's both locally and beyond. I consider myself to be an eclectic artist, working in various mediums: jewelry, mixed media collage, photography, metal and mosaic.Working as an independent Interior Designer, I offer residential services from the ground up which include: custom framing, window treatments and florals. I have been commissioned to design and paint: murals, floors, furniture and more!!! The sky's the limit :-) See More
General InformationPEaCe LoVE & ARt.......Art strives to express; Craft strives for excellence. Good art has good craft, good craft is artistic. Within every craft there exists artists. Within every artist there is craft. ~ Ralph Reichenbach & Doug Madill
Edit
Basic Info
Hours
Tue - Fri:
11:00 am
-
6:00 pm
Sat:
10:00 am
-
2:00 pm
Parking
Street
Edit
Page Owners


Stefanie Buysse




















Basic Info
Hours
Tue - Fri:
11:00 am
-
6:00 pm
Sat:
10:00 am
-
2:00 pm{Hello} Thanks for stopping by!I'm Stefanie Buysse, owner of Art & Elements. Opening up my studio was a dream come true April 2007. I opened the doors in August that same year. I am very blessed to be doing what I LOVE to do - making ART!!! ... The studio operates as a "working artist/store front". I offer my artwork among other artist's both locally and beyond. I consider myself to be an eclectic artist, working in various mediums: jewelry, mixed media collage, photography, metal and mosaic.Working as an independent Interior Designer, I offer residential services from the ground up which include: custom framing, window treatments and florals. I have been commissioned to design and paint: murals, floors, furniture and more!!! The sky's the limit :-) See More
General InformationPEaCe LoVE & ARt.......Art strives to express; Craft strives for excellence. Good art has good craft, good craft is artistic. Within every craft there exists artists. Within every artist there is craft. ~ Ralph Reichenbach & Doug Madill















{Hello}

Thanks for stopping by.........I'm Stefanie Buysse, owner of art + elements. Opening my studio/store front was a goal I set for myself by the age of 35. In April 2007 my goal and dream became a reality! My studio operates as a "working artist/store front". Working as an independent interior designer and artist I feel so blessed to be doing what I LOVE - creating ART!


I showcase a variety of artist's both locally and beyond as well as my own artwork. I carry several unique accessory lines: A.I. Paper Designs, Ancient Graffiti, Carruth Studios, Kalalou, Meissenburg Designs, Roost and Swan Creek Candle Company. My residential design services include: design consultation, space planning, finishes, furnishings and custom window treatments. Specialized services: custom picture framing, floral arrangments, hand painted floors, furniture and murals. The sky's the limit!







PEaCe LoVE & ARt.......







Art strives to express; Craft strives for excellence. Good art has good craft, good craft is artistic. Within every craft there exists artists. Within every artist there is craft.



~ Ralph Reichenbach & Doug Madill

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    You have a beautiful store and I wish you all the luck in the world moving forward. To anyone who has not had a chance to stop by, please do! There are very different and unique items at fair prices! You will be glad you did. Best wishes Steph, Sue Coates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats my friend and welcome to the Blogging world. Great job on the blog I love it! You are such an inspiration for me and I love being in your presence you are always so positive and always see the good in even the negative situations. I love our girls nights at your studio it always inspires me to be more creative.Thanks for being in my life, I am so happy for you and all your accomplishments.
    I love you !!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete